October 19, 2015
- Shrink your pores: Your pores expand as gunk accumulates in them-the older you get, the more likely they are to stay expanded. Put them on a diet by switching to a cleanser with salicylic acid. It helps slough away dead skin that can lead to clogging.
- Let it rip: Deflate and clean pores-like the ones on your nose-once a week with pore strips.
- Get more beauty sleep: If you go to bed 15 minutes earlier for four nights running, you’ll establish a routine where you get an extra hour of dark circle-zapping rest. For your best shot at the necessary eight hours, quit the coffee after 3pm and avoid exercising in the three hours before bedtime.
- Pile on the antioxidants: They’re among the best weapons against pollution and sun. The most potent are CoffeeBerry, idebenone, green tea, pomegranate and Coenzyme Q10. Whichever antioxidant is in your arsenal, arm yourself every morning for all day protection.
- Wipe out dark spots: Wrinkles may be the classic sign of aging, but studies show that most people view mottled skin as even older-looking. The good news: dark spots can be faded in as little as a month. The magic ingredient is hydroquinone, and should be dabbed directly onto brown spots every night.
- Brighten up: As we age, cell turnover slows and dead skin cells pile up all over our face. Whisk them away twice a week with an at-home glycolic acid peel.
- Don’t forget your neck and hands: They’re the body parts most likely to betray the age that’s on your passport even when your face doesn’t Get them on the same daily maintenance program as your face, with sunscreen every morning and retinol at night. Dab hydroquinone on sunspots, and exfoliate twice a week. source: allure