- Our BlogOur Thoughts
- Our Team
- Contact UsWe’re Waiting
- Services TourAll of the services that One Bridal offers.
- Photo Galleries
Last week we learned what strobing is…now lets learn how to put it into action!
- Prep your skin. Strobing is all about getting the perfect glow, so you’ll need to replenish dull, dry skin with a moisturizer and foundation.
- Use a highlighter shade that best matches your skin tone. To avoid the frosted 90’s look, make sure the highlighter you’re using complements your skin tone for a subtle sheen.
- Only use the highlighter in areas that catch light: on your cheekbones, along your temples, down the bridge of your nose, above and below your brow bone, in the corners of your eyes, front of chin, and above your cupid’s bow. This will enhance your natural features. If you have oily skin, skip areas like your forehead or chin, which could be shiny already.
- After you’ve applied the highlighter, blend it out with your fingers or a brush. Blend to make sure you blend away any harsh edges of highlighter so it fades into the rest of your skin. Skin should appear as if it is glowing from within and products is not just lying on the face.
So, what is strobing exactly? It’s a fun term for highlighting, basically. Instead of intensifying the darker areas of your face as you do with contouring, simply highlight the areas that naturally catch the most light. This gives a dewy, youthful feel to our overall look. Strobing can be achieved by using either powders or creams.
The new ‘Minimalist‘ makeup has color influence from the Impressionistic art of Monet and Renoir in shades of coral, apricot, blush, pink, and lemon dominated the runway for a sense of femininity and refinement.
The ‘nude‘ lip has a new twist! It has evolved into delicately faded shades of peach, pinks, berry, and coral tones which are the statement lips for Spring.
Source: ColorLab magazine
Clinically advanced mineral makeup that covers, corrects, and protects. From their award-winning pressed base to our extensive selection of beauty essentials, each of their clinically advanced products is designed to nourish, correct, and protect. In an array of problem-solving shades to suit every beauty ideal, glo minerals is more than makeup, it’s a foundation for transformation .
Calling all mothers (dog mom’s included), don’t be shy! It’s not too late to get what you really want, and deserve, for this mother’s day: pampered at One Salon! At One Salon, every day is mother’s day, so call today to schedule your “Feet-n-Face Express” at only $100. Lay down and relax while you enjoy a spa pedicure indulging in reflexology massage and organic polish. Then enjoy a relaxing, exfoliating spa facial, leaving you with fresh, radiant skin and beautiful feet. Both treatments are done in resting position, laying down on a massage table. You need this!
Call Cassie today at 630.715.8423 to schedule.
Sculpt and Define. Illuminate and Brighten.
This contouring palette features four powder shades to enhance features and create dimension. Whether softly subtle or more dramatically chiseled, these blendable and buildable formulas allow you to create a customized contour statement. Available in fair-light and medium-dark